Moong Bhaji Recipe
2 cup yellow pulses or moong dal
4 to 5 green chillies
fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tsp. garlic paste
½ tsp. cumin seeds or zeera
½ tsp. fennel seeds
½ tsp. turmeric powder
¼ tsp.red chilli powder
¼ tsp. Asafoetida
¼ tsp. black pepper powder
salt to taste
cooking oil for deep frying
Method for Preparation :
How to make moong bhaji or moong pakoda
- Soak the 2 cups of yellow pulses or split moong dal for at least 4 to 5 hours
- Remove the water completely and grind the moong dal into paste (mixture or paste should be neither too smooth nor too thick)
- Grind the chopped green chillies, garlic paste, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander leaves to coarsely grinded mixture
- Add this spicy mixture or paste into grinded dal mixture.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, asafoetida, black pepper powder and salt into grinded dal mixture or paste, Mix well and batter is ready and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the enough cooking oil in a frying pan over a medium-high flame for deep frying the pakoras/bhajis/fritters/pakodas.
- Take little amount of batter and make a small size balls by hand and drop it slowly into hot oil and fry until it becomes golden brown in color and well cooked inside as well.
- Serve moong bhaji hot along with tomato ketchup or green mint chutney.
Moong Bhaji’s are really crispy and crunchy in taste !