Egg Bhurji Recipe
Egg Bhurji / Anda Bhurji / egg khagina (It’s known as egg khagina in pakistan) is very simple & easy to prepare by using scrambled eggs with green chillies, finely chopped onion and tomato with turmeric powder and garam masala powder. It’s simply delicious and tasty recipe that you can eat anytime.
4 to 5 Eggs
2 large size finely chopped Onions
1 chopped tomato
2 to 3 fresh Green Chilies
1 tsp. finely chopped Ginger
2 tbsp.fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
2 to 3 tbsp. groundnut Oil
1 tsp. red chilli powder
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp. Amul Butter
Salt to taste
Method for Preparation :
- First of all you need to whisk the eggs lightly with a small spoon for almost 3 to 4 times and keep it aside for sometime.
- Heat groundnut oil in a frying pan or kadhai on medium high flame for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chopped ginger pieces and green chillies on medium low flame and saute them for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add chopped onion in to it and saute them till it softens and become golden brown in color.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Saute them for another 3 to 4 minutes and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, 1 tbsp. amul butter and salt to taste.
- Finally you have to add the beaten eggs (already prepared initially) to the above frying pan and mix it properly with flat spoon.
- Stir well this mixture until small crumbs are formed and stir it continuously for another 4 to 5 minutes or more if required.
- Once the egg will start cooking then you will find that it will start change it’s color and texture and cook them for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Keep continue whisking them in a frying pan and check the taste if you want it more cooked.
- Once it cooked completely then turn of the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- It’s also advisable to eat egg bhurji with buttered spread hot pav or bread slices.
- It’s ready to serve your egg bhurji or anda bhurji and add some butter on top of egg bhurji (if you required).
Egg Bhurji / Anda Bhurji Recipe
Preparation Time : 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 8 to 10 minutes
Serves : 2 persons
I still remember a very popular punch line “sunday ho ya monday roj khao ande”